Saturday, October 27, 2012

October Pow at the Wood



As most of us know by now, a big storm passed through the west coast last week, blanketing the Tahoe basin with 1 to 3 feet of the white stuff! On Tuesday morning I woke to over a foot of snow at my house, I frantically began gathering my gear and calling friends to rally a shred mission. 

We all agreed Kirkwood was the spot to be and so it was on! For three days we hiked, caught face shots and laughed are asses off! I usually ski every October in Tahoe, however, this was the best October pow I've skied since 2004/05. 

Now temps are back in the 50's and 60's around the lake and the base is really getting a chance to settle in. I'm excited to see a healthier start than last season and hopefully we see a continuation in this weather pattern. Below are photos from the storm, enjoy!

Beautiful Views in Hope Valley

Posse Up with Craig Garbiel, Jeanele Hardin, Gil Juarez, Ben Schmidt and Jacob Daiek


The skin up Rocky Ridge

Benny gettin some!

Kyle Johnston milkin some pow turns!

Cob findin some soft stuff

Cob and Wolfie




Dumping for day 2 of shredding

Bottom of a sick pow run down through look out Janek!

tunneling 

Catching myself a Face Shot!

Cob pow turns down chair 10

Rosemarie goin for the powder 8 award

Wagon Wheel




Stoked crew! Fun times with kyle, Benny, Cob and Kevin 

2 comments:

  1. I only got one day it, but what a blast being out there. God work. I might of got a few pics of your crew hitting All the Way while hiking back up Rocky Ridge. Posted them @ www.powderhappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Josh! I knew you guys got some. Thanks for sharing. What a session we had this Oct. Three days at the Bowl had me smiling and laughing too. It was amazing. Now the lifts will be spinning this weekend!
    Bring on winter.
    Daron
    p.s. I like Cob's RBT COAL beanie. Thanks for rocking and supporting www.rahlvesbanzai.com

    ReplyDelete